- ►Conditions & Injuries (12)
- ►Massage (13)
- ►Meet the team (4)
- ►Muscular Imbalances (3)
- ►Neck Pain (2)
- ▼News and Information (38)
- $40 Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage!
- 7 Reasons to get a massage NOW
- Are Muscular Imbalances affecting your sports performance?
- Benefits of Sports Massage for Athletes
- Christmas Trading Hours
- Christmas Trading Hours 2012
- Congrats Melissa Rollison
- Congrats Tom Coates - Rowing Qld
- Danny Topfer Molokai 2011
- Easter Trading
- Easter Trading Hours 2012
- Four common conditions massages treat
- Frequently asked questions about massages Part 1
- How Does Musculoskeletal Therapy Work?
- How massage helps headaches and high blood pressure
- How musculoskeletal therapy and massage therapy can treat sciatica
- How to choose the best massage oils
- Katherine (Kat) Massey BHSc MST Dip RMT
- Massage Therapy and Treating Foot Pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Massage therapy can mitigate high blood pressure
- Massage Therapy to Treat Fibromyalgia
- Mobilise Supports Qld Floods
- New Toowong Clinic - Same building, ground floor
- News and Information
- Patient Profile - Melissa Hauschildt Sports Massage
- Postural Dysfunction and (and how massage can help)
- RMT/MST Position Available
- Should you drink water after a massage?
- Some Simple Stretches to Relieve Neck Pain
- Techniques used by massage therapists
- The Benefits of Massage Pre and Post Pregnancy
- The benefits of stretching after your massage
- The difference between relaxation and remedial massage
- Toowong Open Saturdays and After Hours!
- Using massage therapy to treat workplace injuries
- What does sport massage do?
- What is Deep Tissue Massage Therapy? Do I need it?
- What is Remedial Massage?
- ►Remedial Massage (6)
- ►Sport Massage (1)
- ►Testimonials (14)
- ►Conditions & Injuries (12)
News and Information
Kat Massey is an experienced Musculoskeletal Therapist and Remedial Massage Therapist. She has a previous background as an instrumental musician, representative basketball player and nursing. Kat has a passion for treating postural dysfunction and chronic pain and continued education in disease processes. Kat has experience treating patients with a variety of acute and chronic pain conditions such as assisting patients with rehabilitation after joint reconstructive surgery or postural realignment after pregnancy or pain from occupational stress. She uses a variety of deep tissue and stretching and strengthening techniques in treatments and utilizes additional tools in dry needling and Chinese cupping. … Continue reading
Plantar fasciitis, also known as heel pain or heel spur syndrome, refers to a clinical condition that causes pain in the heel of the foot. Sufferers typically report that the pain is worse first thing in the morning or after long periods of sitting.
You may have been told that you ‘can’t’ get a massage when you’re pregnant. This is because of pressure points in your wrists and ankles that, when stimulated, can cause the uterus to start contracting, as well as other concerns such as the comfort of the mother. Ironically, with all that extra weight and stress on your hips and back, pregnancy is one of those times when you might need a massage more than ever!
Bad posture is more than just a matter of unsightly slouching. Long term posture issues can have debilitating effects and should be corrected as soon as possible. Repetition of bad habits like slouching, sitting incorrectly and allowing muscles to become inactive, can lead to postural dysfunction and imbalance. If these habits are continued for long enough, the spine and other joints can be pushed out of their normal alignment. Postural dysfunction and imbalance can cause many issues such as spinal dysfunction and joint degeneration.
Mobilise Remedial Massage is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic therapist to join our busy team. Our business is committed to offering excellent MST, Remedial and Sports Massage in Brisbane, and as such our patients are not looking for an ordinary “rub”, but a comprehensive and supportive treatment plan. If you are passionate about your career in MST/RMT, and want to work with likeminded and dedicated therapists, this position could be for you. We are looking for the following attributes: High level of musculoskeletal assessment skills, including orthopaedic testing. Ability to perform high quality Remedial/Sports Massage and/or MST at qualification … Continue reading
Mobilise now has two second year MST students offering Swedish/Deep Tissue Massage for $40/hr, and Aromatouch Massage for $45 (45 min). Our students, Eve and Leslie-Ann, are offering these treatments to further their experience in bodywork and soft tissue massage. Are you looking for stress relief? The The AromaTouch technique is a very gentle, relaxing essential oil application developed by Dr. David Hill a leading expert on oils, their use and their medicinal benefits. AromaTouch is performed using Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade doTERRA essential oils which have been ‘recognised as the most therapeutic oils in the world and play a … Continue reading
With a background in middle distance running and steeplechase, Melissa was well prepared to compete at a world class level in the long course triathlon. In her first dedicated year to the sport, she won Australian Female Triathlete of the Year 2011. In 2013, Melissa won the Ironman 70.3 World Championship, and has gone on to win it a second time (so far!). Mel has been a sports massage client of Kath’s at Mobilise for the past 3 years (when she has been in Brisbane). A big congratulations to Mel for her most recent win – The Toyota Ironman Australia … Continue reading
The term ‘sciatica’ refers to pain that is felt along the nerve roots of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest single nerve in the human body, starting in the lower back and running through the buttocks and down the lower limbs. Sciatic pain may be felt in any of the areas. Sciatic pain has a variety of potential causes, including damage from a herniated disc, joint inflammation, spinal arthritis, or a locked facet joint. It can be the result of gradual wear and tear on the spine or an injury that occurs suddenly. Regardless of its cause, … Continue reading
The benefits that massage therapy can have on the circulatory system are well documented. Not only can a good massage improve circulation, can it can also help to mitigate the effects of high blood pressure (also known as hypertension.) Research has shown that regular massage as part of a holistic approach to managing high pressure can reduce stress levels, and over time lead to a reduction in blood pressure. High blood pressure is a serious health concern in Australia with more than 3.5 million Australians diagnosed with the condition, and many more undiagnosed. This makes addressing the condition through a … Continue reading
Neck Pain and Neuromuscular Massage Therapy Massage can be the perfect non-invasive partner to treat neck pain, and as an extremely painful and uncomfortable condition, the right massage can provide much needed relief to restore movement and ease pain. Neck pain can be caused by many things, but most often is a result of sleeping in a poor position for an extended period. This causes the vertebrae to become twisted or condensed, placing pressure on sensitive nerve endings. If you suffer from neck pain, our qualified massage therapists can apply a tailored plan to key pressure points around the neck … Continue reading