- ►Conditions & Injuries (11)
- ►Massage (11)
- ►Meet the team (4)
- ►Muscular Imbalances (2)
- ►Neck Pain (2)
- ▼News and Information (31)
- 7 Reasons to get a massage NOW
- Are Muscular Imbalances affecting your sports performance?
- Benefits of Sports Massage for Athletes
- Christmas Trading Hours
- Christmas Trading Hours 2012
- Congrats Melissa Rollison
- Congrats Tom Coates - Rowing Qld
- Danny Topfer Molokai 2011
- Easter Trading
- Easter Trading Hours 2012
- Four common conditions massages treat
- Frequently asked questions about massages Part 1
- How Does Musculoskeletal Therapy Work?
- How massage helps headaches and high blood pressure
- How musculoskeletal therapy and massage therapy can treat sciatica
- How to choose the best massage oils
- Massage therapy can mitigate high blood pressure
- Massage Therapy to Treat Fibromyalgia
- Mobilise Supports Qld Floods
- New Toowong Clinic - Same building, ground floor
- News and Information
- Should you drink water after a massage?
- Some Simple Stretches to Relieve Neck Pain
- Techniques used by massage therapists
- The benefits of stretching after your massage
- The difference between relaxation and remedial massage
- Toowong Open Saturdays and After Hours!
- Using massage therapy to treat workplace injuries
- What does sport massage do?
- What is Deep Tissue Massage Therapy? Do I need it?
- What is Remedial Massage?
- ►Remedial Massage (5)
- ►Sport Massage (1)
- ►Testimonials (14)
- ►Conditions & Injuries (11)
News and Information
The term ‘sciatica’ refers to pain that is felt along the nerve roots of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest single nerve in the human body, starting in the lower back and running through the buttocks and down the lower limbs. Sciatic pain may be felt in any of the areas. Sciatic pain has a variety of potential causes, including damage from a herniated disc, joint inflammation, spinal arthritis, or a locked facet joint. It can be the result of gradual wear and tear on the spine or an injury that occurs suddenly. Regardless of its cause, … Continue reading
The benefits that massage therapy can have on the circulatory system are well documented. Not only can a good massage improve circulation, can it can also help to mitigate the effects of high blood pressure (also known as hypertension.) Research has shown that regular massage as part of a holistic approach to managing high pressure can reduce stress levels, and over time lead to a reduction in blood pressure. High blood pressure is a serious health concern in Australia with more than 3.5 million Australians diagnosed with the condition, and many more undiagnosed. This makes addressing the condition through a … Continue reading
Neck Pain and Neuromuscular Massage Therapy Massage can be the perfect non-invasive partner to treat neck pain, and as an extremely painful and uncomfortable condition, the right massage can provide much needed relief to restore movement and ease pain. Neck pain can be caused by many things, but most often is a result of sleeping in a poor position for an extended period. This causes the vertebrae to become twisted or condensed, placing pressure on sensitive nerve endings. If you suffer from neck pain, our qualified massage therapists can apply a tailored plan to key pressure points around the neck … Continue reading
Ever wondered what the differences are between relaxation and remedial massage? Wanting a massage to relieve pain or reduce stress levels. Here is an explanation to help you identify which particular massage you suits your needs.
Fibromyalgia is a commonly diagnosed musculoskeletal syndrome (with a range of symptoms) that can be extremely unpleasant and painful for the many people in the population who suffer from it – women in particular. While unfortunately there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, there are many different approaches to manage the condition – we explain how our advanced musculoskeletal therapy techniques from our qualified massage therapists can alleviate some of the symptoms of the condition in this article.
Workplaces can often be quite dangerous especially the thousands of jobs that involves labour intensive tasks. Despite using the recommended treatment it can take months for injuries to heal and recover from pain. Remedial massage can be a great natural treatment to speed up recovery times and give you back the gift of movement.
One of our recommendations we give to our clients here at Mobilise Remedial Massage to assist with their health and wellbeing is to incorporate daily stretching into their routine. Not only does this help with mobility, if people stretched daily they would have so much more flexibility and feel a whole lot better. We explain the benefits to stretching to complement massage therapy in assisting with mobility below.
With a seemingly endless variety of blends available, choosing massage oil can be a challenge. We share some important considerations here Continue reading
We have now expanded both our original clinics, and with no hassle to our patients, as we have just changed floors in both buildings! In Toowong, we are now on the ground floor, in Brisbane City, we are now on the 4th floor. To all our current patients, we would love you to drop in and check out the new clinics. To all our new patients – welcome!
Booking a massage with licensed massage therapists can reduce the symptoms associated with headaches and high blood pressure Continue reading