Myotherapy treatments can be used to prevent, correct and rehabilitate musculoskeletal pain and injury.
Are you in pain? Myotherapy at Mobilise Toowong is an advanced, hands-on manual therapy that can help.
What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is a physical medicine that concentrates on the assessment, treatment and management of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. To qualify as a Clinical Myotherapist in Australia, our practitioners have completed a Bachelor Degree in either Musculoskeletal Therapy or Myotherapy.
Myotherapy involves an in-depth physical assessment, using postural evaluations, orthopaedic and neurological testing, and movement/biomechanical investigations. Our aim is to determine the causes of your pain so we can treat it correctly and effectively.
All our Myotherapy treatments and therapists are covered for Health Insurance rebates, and our clinic offers instant rebates through our HiCaps system.
Our therapists are also trained and experienced in treating diagnosed musculoskeletal / neurological conditions such as Osteo-Arthritis, Disc Bulges, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Tendinopathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Overuse Injuries and many other conditions.
Our Bachelor Degree qualified Myotherapists will tailor a treatment and rehabilitation program specifically for YOU, to treat your pain.
Why would I choose Myotherapy over Remedial Massage?
Are you suffering from musculoskeletal pain? Headaches or Migraines? Pins and Needles, Tingling or Numbness? Back or Joint Pain? Do you have a diagnosed condition such as overuse/repetitive stress injury or sports injury? Then Myotherapy can help you!
Building on massage treatments such as Remedial Massage and Sports Massage, Myotherapy offers a more advanced treatment program using many different techniques such as:
- Deep tissue massage and other soft tissue techniques such as Myofascial Release and Trigger Point Therapy
- Joint Mobilisation practices such as Maitland’s Techniques and Mulligan’s Concepts
- Neural (nerve) mobilisation, flossing and stretching.
- Stretching techniques including Muscle Energy Techniques and PNF stretching
- Dry Needling and Electro-dry needling
- Pain Management Techniques
- Sports Taping and Rock Taping
- Rehabilitative Exercise Prescription
- Postural, Ergonomic and Sports Technique Advice
We will also create a Home Rehabilitation Plan to support your treatments, and help reduce your recovery time.
Click here if you are looking for a general Remedial Massage and have no specific pain.
What happens during a Myotherapy appointment?
- At your first appointment, your Myotherapist will take a relevant medical history, discuss your goals for treatment and assess your movement and posture. We may perform some orthopaedic tests to identify the cause of your pain. We will then discuss our findings and possible treatment options with you.
- After assessment we will begin the hands-on treatment with you during the same appointment. We will then go through a rehabilitation plan for you.
- Our initial appointments go for around 1hr to 1hr & 15mins; so we can comprehensively cover all areas of your recovery from assessment and treatment to rehabilitation. We will also discuss your prognosis and treatment plan with you, including whether follow up appointments are indicated.
For more information, or to book an appointment, call our Toowong Practice on (07) 3870 5990. Or BOOK ONLINE TODAY.
Experience for yourself the difference Myotherapy can make in your life now!